Manhattan is a classic in Concepción
It is all about a container located beside the Vega Monumental (market) where hungry Penquistas (people from Concepción) get their sandwich after the long carrete (party nights). The hungry bar flies come from bars and discos from all over the city: Pedro de Valdivia, Barrio Universitario, Barrio Estación, San Pedro de La Paz…you name it.
The customers have one thing in common: To get one of the revival sandwiches before the hangover attacks. Manhattan does not sell alcoholic drinks but helps people who get there in bad conditions to recover themselves.
The sandwich making is a show worth to see.
Opening times: Monday to Sunday – 10:00 pm to 8:30 am
Prices per sandwich: around 2.500.- Chilean Pesos
Location: Beside the Vega Monumenta, near a gas station. Anyway, everybody knows Manhattan, so just ask the person beside you on the bar.
Need more information?
Related to HelloChile
- Mantenimiento Turbina a vapor
- Steam turbine in Southern Chile
- Dampf-Turbine in Chile
- Turbina a vapor
- Fall in Concepción
- Student room in Concepción
- Cambio de tubos de titanio
- Translator and interpreter in Concepción and Southern Chile
- Übersetzer und Dolmetscher in Concepción – Chile
- Traductores e intérpretes de terreno